Do Not Take This Time For Granted
If you are like me, you are getting multiple emails and news reports daily speaking about the virus and sharing things that you should do at this time. I received one last evening written for realtors and when I read it, I said to myself I can adapt this for church purposes – it was titled “Do Not Take This Time for Granted!!” – so let me share these adapted thoughts with you:
1. This is a VERY unique time and opportunity for our church (people are stressed and considering their mortality and that of others)
2. This period of uncertainty is going to last a lot longer than most people imagine, however when we get to the other side of this crisis (and we will), we as a church and individuals are going to look back in one of two ways –
i. Are you going to see that you took full advantage of this moment (God gave to us)
ii. OR are you going to have a lot of regret that you did not maximize this opportunity and you will be left with the feeling…. WHAT WAS I THINKING?
3. This is not work time
4. This is not vacation time
5. This is not PANIC time (I believe GOD is still in Control)
6. This is time to WORK ON YOU and YOUR WALK WITH CHRIST (Read and Study Your Bible)
7. This is time to think more about others than we think about ourselves (what can I do to reach out to others and share the HOPE that is within us)
8. We do not know when things are going to go back to “NORMAL” (and the window of opportunity will close)
Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV) “Be careful then, how you live – not as unwise but as wise, making the most of EVERY OPPORTUNITY, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.”
Romans 12:2 (NIV) “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s Will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Romans 15:13 (NIV) “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”
Be at peace but ready for action!
After serving as the church President several times over the years as well as serving as guest speaker, Bill became co-pastor in 2017. Having grown up at Maple Root Baptist Church, Bill is devoted to our church family, growing the church for God, and reaching those who don’t yet know Christ as their personal savior. He continues to dedicate his life to sharing the Word of God with others every day.