Maple Root Baptist Church is a Christ centered church. We look to the Bible as the absolute authority for how we should run our church, teach our community, and live our lives.
We’re a Christ centered church
Here are some specific biblical beliefs that we adhere to:
- Word of God – We believe the Bible is the perfect written word of God. It was written by man under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and is the absolute authority for everything in life.
- Trinity – We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – each co-eternal in being and equal in power and glory.
- Jesus Christ – We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal imminent return.
- Mankind – We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but because of Adam’s sin, the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. We also believe that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition.
- Salvation – We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins of all people and that all who trust Him are cleansed from unrighteousness and in right relationship with God.
- Eternal Security – We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever.
- Holy Spirit – We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers at salvation, enabling and empowering the life and ministry of each believer.
- Baptism – We believe that baptism is an expression and declaration of our dedication to Jesus Christ. The immersion of a believer in water symbolizes the believer’s death to sin, burial of the old life, and resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
- Communion – The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby participants, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
- Separation – We believe that all Christians should live in such a manner as to not bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. We also believe that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations is commanded of God.
- Return of Christ – We believe in the personal, imminent return of Christ to establish His earthly Messianic Kingdom.